Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Douglas FurstDouglas Furst
    Participant

I thought one of the ideas from the new Mooney ownership was an upgrade to the landing gear system.  Maybe I misunderstood but they were talking about trailing link or something to replace the current shock disk system.

If this is really a possibility, I understand it will take a lot of work and time, and won’t be cheap.  But if it is really on the wish list can we start talking about it?

Hayden SimpkinHayden Simpkin
    Participant

I’m with you.  It would be great to engineer the rubber donuts out of the landing gear.  A bit more ground clearance for the prop wouldn’t hurt either.

Hope to have some of your answers about GW increase/Landing gear replacement as we get closer (many tests will need to be completed as well as some certification items) – We will let you all know as soon as we can!!

Best Regards, Frank

Frank, thanks for the update!

Can you manage our expectations and tell us whether we’re looking at a 2021 event, or 2022? Ditto on the G1000NXi/P2 migration path for legacy G1000 owners?

Robert

Frank CrawfordFrank Crawford
    Participant

Hello Robert – We will keep you all in the loop as things progress to attending shows (soon) as well as the migration path for G1000 legacy owners.

Frank WardFrank Ward
    Participant

Hello, has there been any update to the new landing gear?

Douglas FurstDouglas Furst
    Participant

Company is for sale, again.  I doubt they are going to do much until it is sold.  At that point we have no idea what the priorities of the new owners will be.

Frank CrawfordFrank Crawford
    Participant

The company will announce as we go forth with some new changes and/or any retrofit kits (hopefully soon). For all product support questions, please email support@mooney.com for any Factory Service Center questions please email FSC@mooney.com

Best Regards, Frank

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.