Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David MandelDavid Mandel
    Participant

Over the weekend, for the very first time I got an IFR clearance with Tango (RNAV) routes.   Apparently, they cannot be loaded in my legacy (2006) G1000.  Or, at least I can’t figure out how to do so.   ATC said take it or leave it and go VFR.  I opted to “take it” and it took me 20 mins. to punch in the individual waypoints that make up the assigned T-airways for a 3.5 hour flight.  Three questions:  (1) Has anyone else had this problem?  (2)  If so, how did you deal with it?;  (3)   Any word when Mooney will be offering upgrades on the G1000?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by David Mandel.
    Anonymous

David,

I can’t say for certain on your system, but generally on the G1000 system to load a Tango airway you would load the entry and exit points. After loading the points, highlight the entry waypoint and press “Menu” > “Load Airway” > scroll to TXXX”

hope this helps.

David MandelDavid Mandel
    Participant

Unfortunately, that’s the problem.  When you hit Load Airway, TXXX is not an available option.  Only VXXX.

David MandelDavid Mandel
    Participant

John-

I’ve since gotten squared away on this.  Thank you very much for your help.

David

John, can you pass along what you learned? I haven’t had a Tango route yet, but it sounds like a good thing to know how to enter.

Thanks,

Robert

PS: is your G1000 WAAS upgraded or the original? I know that the WAAS upgrade also included a software update and was wondering if that added T-route support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.