Mooney engineering has always focused on producing the
highest-performing, safest and most efficient aircraft. With aircraft
market-tested for more than half a century, pilots fly their Mooneys
with confidence. State-of-the-art systems and airframe upgrades
continue to help Mooney deliver the highest performance/value equation
offered in general aviation. All new Mooney airplanes offer redundant
electrical and vacuum systems plus enhanced engine instrumentation.
Mooney also offers airframe upgrades, such as built-in oxygen systems,
air conditioning and TKS anti-icing systems (certified for flight into
known icing conditions). No other competitor, with models at or even
near the speeds of current Mooneys, offers these capabilities.
- Founded in 1929 by Al Mooney in Wichita, Kansas.
- Headquarters moved to Kerrville, Texas in 1953.
- Serves 7,000 customers in the United States and 1,000 internationally.
- Has manufactured and delivered more than 11,000 aircraft worldwide.
- Fleet has amassed more than 40 million hours of flight.
- Sells three models of the M20, the highest-performing, four-place,single-engine, piston-powered aircraft: Ovation2 GX, Ovation3 and
- Proven design Design has been market tested for more than 60 years, utilizing the most effective flight technology, efficiency and safety measures.
- Safety Only steel-tube roll bar cabin made in the U.S.; Mooney owners enjoy significantly lower insurance rates than their competitors.
- Capabilities - Four-season aircraft.
- Range 1,100 nm to 1,800 nm; far exceeds the competition.
- Speed Cruise speeds up to 237 ktas.
- Latest technology GX aircraft series features the Garmin G1000 Integrated Avionics Suite, the most advanced communication and weather systems.
- Best service and support Offers extensive 3-year extended warranty as standard. Over 50 Mooney service centers worldwide.
- Performance and value Best blend of speed and efficiency,upholding the legacy of the highest performance/value equation offered in general aviation.
- First pressurized single-engine, piston-powered aircraft (M22 Mustang).
- First production aircraft to achieve 200 mph on 200HP (M20J 201).
- First single-engine, power-control certified (FADEC) in the U.S. (M20L Porsche).
- First single-engine aircraft certified for flight into known icing conditions.
- First single-engine retractable to achieve 237 KTS (M20).
- Fastest transcontinental flight in a single-engine, piston-powered production aircraft (M20K 231).
- Altitude records (also in a M20K 231).
- Fastest piston-powered aircraft currently in production (M20M DX single); routinely cruises at altitudes and speeds similar to the King Air C90 (twin-engine turboprop).
- Over 130 world speed records.